Friday, April 17, 2009

Let's Grow Flyers!

Game 2 is tonight! I'm hoping the team will show up.

We'll be without Downshall as he serves a one game suspension, and hopefully Don Van Massenhoven isn't scheduled for the game. I want to take a quick NHL fan position here, not a Flyers fan position, Don Van Massenhoven called a horrible game and set a horrible tone for this series. Did anyone else feel the game lack the grit of a rivalry? Probably because the Flyers endless penalties proved that dumb penalties are going to be called.

Let's face it, Game 1 was lame from an NHL standpoint.

But onto the beards!

Simon Gagne looks to be the favorite thus far, but I believe he came in with a little growth, but I think I like it so much because of the memories of baby faced Gags in previous playoffs.

I expected more from Darroll Powe, but I think he'll come on strong late. The real surprise was Claude Giroux. He is totally rocking a "This man is wanted for questioning in regards to several stolen pickup trucks in the area" look, but it is growth and it is a great start.

As for mine (another undetailed pic below), it really is starting to come into it's own. I also was reminded that my hair grows in a weird way. I'll try to explain this the best I can but my beard kind of swirls. Not like it is curly, but if I was to shave "with the grain" it'd be swooping motions. You might be able to see it in the picture below, and obviously you don't care, but it's just a tidbit that can be featured in a blog like this.

I'm up to $75-80 now (I'm doing a dollar a day per day in the playoffs which would be 5 but it won't register till the end of the playoffs) but I need you to donate! I would love to get on the leaderboard AND the charitable donation might be just enough to swing some karma in our favor. So c'mon, pledge my beard!

https://www.beardathon.com/flyers/Dancing%20Guy/profile.aspx

Quick Phantoms Update: Phantoms dropped the first game of their series to Hershey 3-2, but it looks like this series is going to be a lot closer than people think! Game 2 Saturday....for all you locals, tickets are only $10!! (Which is also a good donation amount!)


1 comment:

  1. kind of insignificant, but that hooking call on asham was a joke. spot on about the lack of rivalry caused by the refs. it was really night and day if you check out the bruins-habs game last night, that looked like a rivalry.

    ReplyDelete